Friday, December 2, 2011

Monster Magic Action


    I have'em but I still can't believe'em! Wow, these things are nuts. From the 60's some time after 1963, maybe mid 60's? There is about 24 monster cards. I don't have them all so I can't say for sure. Having to place the plastic lenticular lens over each of the cards separately to watch the monsters blast, shake or eat the little people is so weird. Seeing the cards without the lens and movement is even weirder due to the areas that are supposed to be in motion and it's as if someone had rubbed out the color  in spots.  



     A copy of a display sign where you bought the cards and lenses separately I am going to assume. Sometime before 1963, before the 8-card pack above for 39 cents and before the variety 4-card pack below for 10 cents. In 1963  the company traded hands from Abby Finishing Corp in Brooklyn NY, to Knight Toy & Novelty in Freeport NY which was headed by a Bill Falk.