Saturday, July 14, 2012

Rodan Attacks Godzilla Weekend



Godzilla - 2012 - acrylic on illustration board - 15 x 20 in.


Yes, all weekend right now is my Godzilla Weekend. Movies, Magazines and Painting all weekend long. At the moment there is a Godzilla convention called G-Fest held in Rosemont, Illinois, U.S.A., just outside of Chicago. I was hoping to get out there this year,... but no.

The convention (this is it's 19th year!) is organized by G-Fan magazine and it's publisher J.D. Lees.  He so kindly offered to take a couple of my paintings to the convention for display, so I hope many people are seeing them right now! Here they are now!

These are my first and second Godzilla paintings. This week I've already finished a third and this weekend I'l be finishing my fourth. They are all a bit different from one another, and I contribute this to my channelling efforts of all fans of Godzilla painting, especially right now happening on this weekend. There is a full page color reproduction of my Godzilla painting (above) published in G-Fan Magazine No.99.


Rodan Attack - 2012 - acrylic on illustration board - 15 x 20 in.




Here I am right now sporting my new Godzilla t-shirt that my son bought for me last week at Value Village. What a terrific find!....and just in time for my Godzilla Weekend 2012.