Friday, November 11, 2011

TRIPHANTS


These two DAS Pronto clay figures were made a long long time ago. That's no excuse really as I was still an adult and should know better. Sorry to say that my skills have not improved at all since as you will see later when I post my fimo-sculpty Cosmic Creatures . I do love these guys though. I call them Triphants, as they are kinda horsey-elephant animals with 3 legs. The clay was terrible to work with I found, especially if parts of your model had to hold any weight while it was drying. A skeleton of some kind would have been the way to go, but since I had no idea what I was going to sculpt, there was no way to put one in after. The left one is from 1981 and stands about 6 inches tall. The right one is from 1988 and served as a sentinel in a cosmic doorway between two worlds of another sculptural piece of that time.  

Below we have a recent ink drawing I did of Anguirus.