Tuesday, November 1, 2011

ARRUK ON FLAPJACKS


The Four Armed Terror  by Scott Redding  -  8.5 x 11 injet print


I attended the Central Canada Comic Con here in Winnipeg this past weekend. I met a lot of great artists and ended up with a couple of fun pieces of artwork. 

The Four Armed Terror I just found out is from a story in Jimmy Olsen #137 illustrated by Jack Kirby. I gotta look for this one. Arruk!

The printing process for the Flapjack Monster is one I had never heard of before. It was big in Japan for the past 25 years but has dwindled and found a new home in the DIY folks here. It's called Gocco and is a cross between screen printing and rubber stamping. Great for small prints and cards I gather. Oh and the artist is no other than one half of Grumble Toys who make cute vinyl monsters. Check out the link below. 


  

Flapjack Monster by Chris Bryan - 8.5 x 11 Gocco print -  No.8 of 24